Thursday, January 15, 2004

:: Scattered Thoughts from an Insomniac ::

For some reason I'm not in a super great mood right now. Don't know why, just not feeling too peppy. Also it's 12:41 a.m, which may or may not have something to do with this lack of pep. My insomnia is back, if you couldn't tell. So I figure the best way to get out of this mood i'm in, and also get rid of this insomnia, is to blog, so here are some random thoughts events and ideas in my head right now. Yeah that's right, I actually have thoughts and ideas - it's not just a few rocks bouncing around inside my head you know (Mike, shutup).

-The hockey game was cancelled tonight because the visiting team from Slave Lake couldn't make it here due to poor road conditions. Of course, I didn't hear about the cancellation - which was apparently announced on the radio which I don't listen to. So I showed up, camera in hand, only to be treated to...a practice. Woo-fucking-hoo. So I hung around a bit, talked with the trainer for awhile, got laughed at by the players and Darcy, the coach: "Oh you didn't hear? Well, it was in the news." Yeah, yeah, real funny guys. Make fun of the sports reporter for not knowing the sports news. I figure it balances out for last friday when I didn't think there was a game but there actually was. Wasn't so bad though - this way I got to watch That 70s Show and the O.C instead. Who schedules hockey games on the best TV night of the week anyhow? I really like that show The O.C I didn't want to watch it at first, figuring it was a new version of Beverly Hills 90210, which I've always despised, but I started watching it and it's pretty good.

-Speaking of The O.C, I've really noticed how all these drama-type shows aimed at younger audiences are basically the same, plot-wise anyhow. I'm not going to go into detail, but in every one of these shows there's one character who keeps getting their ass kicked, metaphorically speaking or sometimes literally, yet they still come back for more, time and time again. It's almost painful to watch sometimes, but what can you do? It reminds me of an observation Eddie Murphy made in his hilarious stand-up comedy movie Delirious:

He says something along these lines: "Why are white people so stupid when it comes to strange, bad shit happening to them? Like in that movie Ghost those people move into that house. They hear the voice of the ghost telling them to get out, but do they? Hell no, they stick around and bad shit happens to 'em. If that was a black couple moving in that house it'd be like this:

Husband: Well honey, its a great house, big kitchen, great yard, and it's close to schools.
Ghost's voice: GET OUT!
Husband: Too bad we can't stay baby.

Okay, now you're probably wondering what does that joke have to do with anything? Nothing really I guess, except some people make good choices and stay alive, while others get repeatedly attacked by ghosts. It's baffling to me.

Some more random gibberish:

- I sometimes wonder why I have a cell phone when the only thing I use it for is Blackjack and saying "Sorry, you've got the wrong number."

- Nice to see that my deco-esque newspaper The Classic Times is such a big success. The guys in Grove seem to like them and since I've got a lot of time on my hands they are being produced at a feverish pace - three already. I think maybe I need to get a social life.

- I think my sleeping problem is being caused by the same thing it has been in the past - overthinking while I'm lying in my bed. Similar to last year in Kamloops, but now that I have a real job i've got even more to think about on top of the old stuff. I'm getting ready for a lot of nights of 3-hours-of-sleep.

- The comments being down on this blog, and mike's, really pisses me off. Maybe it'll be fixed by next week. Maybe.

Well, that's all the random crap I can think up right now, and this post is probably long enough. As Chris always says - I think I'm gonna hit the sack....and then I'm gonna go to sleep. (you're a funny guy Chris. Funny indeed)

No comments: