Tuesday, January 27, 2004

:: A Beautiful (bored) Mind ::

I was supposed to work tonight -- Nav's game, but due to the shitty weather, it was postponed. Again. So I had the night off, which I spent listening to the Canucks/Blackhawks game on the radio, watching Sports Night, and generally letting my mind wander to wherever it felt like going. Some of those things are documented below for your blogging pleasure.

- There was a faint glimmer of hope that the sports reporter job at the Langley Times was open. I investigated, and now that glimmer is gone. No new job for me. In the meantime I guess I'll stay here in Peace River, complete with snot-freezing, air-so-cold-you-can-see it weather. It's -50 give or take a few degrees. Still wanna visit here next week Chris? Also on the subject of moving, Jer informs me that him and Gorski want to move up here and work. God only knows why.

- The opposite of freezing, obviously, is burning. Which is what happens to your tongue when you put 10 "Extra Strong Mint" tic-tacs in your mouth at once. Just in case you were wondering.

- I have to come up with new things to talk about with my friends. It's getting a little boring, I'm sure for everyone else as much as me. Not to say you guys are boring by any stretch, but if I'm not talking about the cold weather with Melissa, I'm talking about jobs with Ian, or trading barbs with Mike. I need to find some interesting topics o' conversation. When I do, I'll let you all know, I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

- Sports Night is just as good the 40th time as it was the 1st. Well okay, maybe not the 1st, but the 25th definitely.

- I'm losing my patience with stupid people. I used to tolerate them when they'd come around, then mock them ruthlessly behind their backs once they'd left, but now I can't even do that. I don't have it in me. I've had to listen to people call me at work to piss and moan once too often. The next person is not going to like what I have to say.

- I don't really have a favourite in this year's Super Bowl. I like the Pat's because they killed everyone this year despite playing with third and fourth stringers at nearly every position - the word decimated doesn't begin to describe their injury situation. I like the Panthers because two years ago their quarterback was a waiver-wire cast-off who couldn't even earn a starting job in NFL Europe, and I like rags to riches stories. That said, my prediction: New England wins by 3 on another clutch FG from Adam Vinitieri.

- Speaking of rags to riches, where the hell are my riches? I think i deserve a raise. Right fucking now.

That's all the randomness I can handle right now, and I'm sure it's more than enough boring shit for you all to read, so I'll stop for now.

No comments: