Wednesday, April 14, 2004

EDIT***: Turns out that when he said he'd decide by monday, he really meant he'd decide in 2 hours. I got the job (thanks to Ken's reference). Ken said so many good thing about me that he didn't bother interviewing the remaining people.

I get to come home.


:: Sales Shmales ::

Thanks guys for your honest opinions regarding the previous post, but as it turns out, ol' Gil here may not have to worry about selling anything. I had a very good interview with the editor regarding the 3-month sports reporting job. Which by the way, could be permanent.

(For once) I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch though. He said of his 20+ resumes I was "easily in the top three." So that makes me happy. He said he was impressed that I knew the area, and he also said that I was extremely well spoken, which "bodes well" for me. (Well spoken! Take that you anti-sales, Gil-comparers!! Just kidding) I actually didn't think I was well spoken at all, and I stumbled my way through a few questions, but they he gave me the well spoken compliment, so who knows.

I agree with you all that maybe I wouldn't be that good at selling baseball tickets, advertising, or used cars. But thank god I did a solid enough job of selling myself. I think it may just be the first time I've had a good job interview. The other times I just ended up sounding like an amateur.

I'm feeling very good about this, but not too good, because that'll just tempt fate. And that's never a good thing. I'll hear on Monday, so here's hopin'. Fingers crossed.

No comments: