Tuesday, April 29, 2003

And so I'm home again.

I don't know how long I'll be here though - I'm waiting to hear on the UCC PR job still, so (hopefully) I could end up back in the 'loops in a matter of days. The only shitty part of getting that job would be having to re-pack all the stuff I just unpacked and put in my room.

On one hand, Its nice to have the luxuries of home - enough food to eat that, if I were so inclined, I could actually eat 3 meals a day; laundry done for me, and no groceries to buy/bills to pay etc... And it's always nice to have my family around too. But I would still love that UCC job because the last few days of just me, mike and shaun made me realize how wicked a summer up there would be. Even with an empty apartment we had a wicked weekend - and I definately wouldn't mind doing that for 4 whole sunny months. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

"And now we play the waiting game (pause)....the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos!" - Homer Simpson.

Also, Mike, Silv, Shaun and I have come up with some rituals to help the Canucks win games - And they seem to be working! (exception: Game 2 vs. Wild) Ever since the Canucks were down 3-1 to St. Louis I've watched every game on my TV, and for the last 2 or 3 games, Mike and a plethora of other people - Al, Shaun, Silv - have watched there too.

So rule #1: Games must be watched on my TV. Now I'm back in Langley so Mike, Shaun and Silv will have to watch on other TV's. But tomorrow I'm going to watch with Chris, Ian, Sean and possibly Jerm. So there will be enough viewers to keep the magic alive. We're also getting a Bubba-Keg, so that might be whats needed to push the Canucks over the top.

Rule #2 On the night before a game, Shaun has to stay the night at Mike's place. Don't ask me why this works, it's just a coincedence, but it happened for every canucks victory. The one time it didn't happen? A game 2 loss versus the Wild. As my mom said on the phone after the game: "Dammit Shaun! Tell him it's all his fault."

Also, we're also growing (terribly ugly) playoff beards.

No comments: