Monday, August 30, 2004

:: The Weekend, work, and extra large cheques ::

Well, it was a hell of a weekend, I'll say that. A hell of an expensive one, but a hell of a fun one too. Very fun.

I already went into detail about Friday night on a previous post, but Saturday was the real crazy night. Seven of us - me, Chris, Ian, Gorski, Jenna, Scott and Pat took a limo downtown to the Plaza Club for Jenna's birthday, which was the preceding Monday. We had been chugging beer (and Scott a mickey of vodka) on the drive down, so we were all pretty hammed when we got there. Pretty very hammed.

Once inside, I met some old buddies of mine I used to work with at Dams who I hadn't seen in about 3 years, so it was cool to see them for a bit. Now, as for the rest of the night, I'll break it down for you right quick:

- Pat and Scotty got shot down by numerous women (although P got one number)
- Gorski got loaded and wandered outside into an alley behind Granville St. and puked on a stack of phone books before giving his cell # to a homeless guy
- Ian got kicked out of the place at about 1:30 after he puked all over the place
- Sean and his girlfriend briefly showed up although I barely remember
- I don't remember seeing much of Chris or Jenna. In fact, I don't remember a whole lot about anything that went on inside the bar - I just sat and drank.

Quite a night. Quite a night indeed.

Work: "It's nice to finally have someone else in the office who watched the same shows as I did when I was a kid." - Steve

Today was a decent day at work - for a monday. Me and Steve realized that some of our recent conversations have been pretty weird - we've talked about Fraggles, Optimus Prime, and what the name of the bad Decepticon Transformer was (I finally remembered it was Megatron). Everyone else in the office thinks we're idiots, but they're all too old to remember any good '80's, early '90's stuff like that. He's 25 and I'm 23. The next closest person is 32. They're all old farts.

In other work related news, due to some backpay I was owed, I got the biggest paycheque I've ever got before in my life. It was sweet. I like money.

No comments: