Saturday, August 07, 2004

:: The Invisible Friend ::

*warning: Angry Rant Ahead

I've mentioned this in earlier post, but nothing pisses me off more than "friends" who NEVER fuckin' pick up a phone. Right now it's 9:40 p.m. on a Saturday - I should be drinking right now, or doing something cool, but I'm not because nobody ever includes me in any plans. I don't want this to sound like a whiny "nobody likes me" speech, because it's more of a "screw you douchebags" kind of speech.

I know people are busy tonight - Chris and Jenna are at a concert and some people are at the fireworks, which I don't like, so that's fine. But it's become very clear to me that unless I pick up a phone, nobody ever calls to say "Hey lets do (insert activity here)."

Take today, I called Ian three fucking times and each time it was "oh I don't know what I'm doing i'll call ya and let you know." Fine. But if you're gonna call me, then fucking call me. I haven't had an unsolicited phone call from Ian since April. And this is one of my best friends who Ive known for 15 years who called me pretty much every day last summer. In fact, he's called 9-1-1 more often this summer than he's called me.

Then there's last night, when I was dog tired and doug called me and I said I was just going to bed because I was tired. Here's the rest of the conversation:

me: Well what're you doin' tomorrow night? We'll do something then.
him: Uh...I'm busy tomorrow.
Me: Doing what?
him: It's a surprise or something.
Me: Right.

Just 'cuz I bailed out on Friday - with a good reason - the rest of the weekend he's "busy" as some form of punishment or something.

Damn, just since I started writing this I realized that I guess I'm more pissed off than I originally thought.

I don't mean to be a complete dick - and I don't mean to call out Ian and Doug, but c'mon guys, stop being idiots. How would you like it if everybody stopped calling you for no apparent reason?

I don't know when I become this "extra" in our little group, but clearly that's how it goes now I guess. If I'm there I'm there, if I'm not, well no big loss I guess. I'm glad I'm headed to Kamloops next weekend - at least there people are happy to hang out with me and actually care whether I'm there or not. Maybe I should stay awhile.

By the way, since i'm sure Jeremy will if he reads this, don't fill the comments box with 300 comments telling me to fuck off, once is enough.

No comments: