Sunday, August 15, 2004

"I'm like Jesus except it's only deeper," - Lorne, walking through, not on, water.

"Punk ass kids!" - Melissa, after Chad, the "King of the Thompson River" came around looking to bum smokes.

"I haven't been this upset since the credits came on at the end of The Never-ending Story," - Dale, upset about false advertising.

Well I haven't arrived back from my weekend jaunt to Kamloops, and I return with no sunburn, and a liver in slightly worse shape than before I went. It was great to see everyone. It was not great to sleep in Melissa's living room - with the 50 degree heat. Holy Fuck was it hot. H-O-T. No breeze of any kind to speak of either. But it was still good.

Friday was sweet, I got pretty loaded. Passed out on the couch. It kicked ass. Saturday would've been much of the same, but we spent the day at the beach, and were all suffering from heat exhaustion I think. At 1 a.m. we went down the street to Denny's just because it was air-conditioned.

I have noticed though that we don't drink nearly as much as we used to. I figure we're just getting old, and everytime I go to Kamloops I do my best to get people in a crazy, drinking and partying mood, but it usually doesn't work. One day though, I hope it does - just once and I'll stop trying.

Hopefully, work schedule permitting, I'll be back up in a month or so for Melissa's birthday. For that occasion, I garauntee (sic) you I won't have to do much to rile up the troops. It'll be a gong-show, for sure.

No comments: