Monday, September 05, 2005

"I'm going to get two tattoos - one on each hand. One one hand it's going to say 'UNLOVEABLE' and the other will say 'UNSTOPPABLE.'" - Kelsey.

"I'm a spy." - Kels again, this time excited about the hand-recognition system being installed in her new office.

"I don't gamble with horses, just my life." - Gorski (who else?)

"Pickles can eat my butt." - Sean

"I hate brown people. The only good brown person is me. The rest suck." - Bobby

"What did you do? You're a C*&@ that's what you did!" - Derrick, shitfaced, reading (then burning) a letter from his girlfriend. Or maybe that's ex-girlfriend by now.

Bobby (watching football highlights): That's my man right there, Daunte Culpepper!
Gorski: My man is Jesus.

"Oh fuck off, you'd kill a hooker if you got the chance." - Bucholtz

Well, this long weekend was an absolute doozy. Of course, It didn't feel like a long weekend for me since I'm on holidays anyway, but I'm back to work Wednesday, which I'm not really looking forward to, but I guess nobody can stay on vacation forever.

Friday things started off pretty strong with the Pearl Jam concert. Me, Chris, Jenna, Kels, Sean, Rachel, Pat and Brad took a limo downtown - and had the bitchiest limo driver ever. Most of us wanted to throttle her. Thankfully the guy on the way home was a lot cooler - and he didn't charge us $5 per unscheduled stop (even if it was just a 20 second pee break on the side of the road). Anyway, the concert itself was probably the best I've ever been to. Right from the start, PJ busted out all the classics - Release Me was the first. I guess because they weren't promoting a particular album they just played their old tunes - Wishlist, Release Me, Black, Alive, even Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town.

It was awesome.

We were all pretty drunk too, thanks to a bit of pre-drinking, and then a few beers at the concert. Brad was especially in fine form, but we've come to expect that from him by now.

A lot of people were out of town beginning on Saturday - Sean, Rach, Jeremy, Ian, Lambie - so we gathered the remaining troops and started drinking at my house. We BBQed some steaks and had some potato salad (although Kels ate the most of it, as per usual :P) Then we headed to Dave and Derricks and proceeded to get friggin blitzed.

It was a good time - Derrick was his usual angry/hilarious drunk self, and drunk Dave was Creeper Dave (again). Also at one point, Gorski threw an empty beer can at me, and so I drunkenly decided to chase him down Dave's steep driveway. Now, for one thing, Brad's pretty fast and I was apparently keeping up with him pretty good - until I bailed, did some somersaults, and crashed onto the road. My leg and hands have some pretty good road rash right now.

Also somehow me, Buchs, Bobby and Kels ended up in Surrey at The Mirage, because BK knew some guys who were gonna get us in past the line. Well somehow after we parked, Kels and Bobby took off for the bar, and me and Buchs were left wandering the parking lot. Buchs took a cab back and after accidently calling my dad instead of Bobby, he came and picked me up. Good thing, cuz I don't think 11 bucks wouldve got me a very far cab ride.

So there was a little bit of confusion, I was kind of mad, but in the end it was just drunk talk. I eventually ended up with Bobby, Kels and the Mirage guys at Denny's at 3 a.m. Then we were back at my place where I was booted out of my own front yard by Kels cuz she had to talk to Bobby.

Apparently I wasn't allowed to hear their conversation about golf. Fools.

Bucholtz was slightly more angry than me about getting left in Surrey, which was actually his theme for the weekend, cuz he was unneccesarily angry and snap-showish last night too. But excessive booze will do that to ya I guess. Still kind of a pain in the ass, but whatever.

He ended up calling the cabbie a douchebag before getting kicked out at 176th. Gorski had to come get him.

It was also revealed last night why Kels has said 'No' everytime I've asked her to dance when we've been at Roosters or wherever. Apparently I'm not on her list of "4 or 5 people" she'll dance with.

People on the list: Bobby, Brad, Kyle.

Ouch, that's a tough list to crack. :P

No comments: