Sunday, September 25, 2005

"I wish that the song 'I'm too sexy' would play whenever I walk down the street." - Bucholtz, after performing his "model/runway" walk.

"When I get a seat I don't mess around." - Ian, after plunking himself into a corner seat at Mirage. He started pounding beers and didn't really get up all night.

After a night pounding beers at Jeremy's on Friday, we went to Mirage for the 'official' birthday celebration of Sean and B-rad's birthdays. Not being a real club guy, I didn't have high expectations for the place, but it was surprisingly a very good night. $3 beers and $2 highballs had their desired effect too - but after talking with people today, it seems like I came out better than most.

Nick 1
Mirage 0
Everyone else -10

I was pounding gin-and-7s pretty consistently last night, with a few beers mixed in, and Bobby was doing pretty much the same. He was the first to go - not even making it to the bathroom before puking all over the bar. He passed out in the parking lot (still puking) with Jeremy. And Gorski felt like hell this morning, and Kels said "I feel like death."

Normally, I'd be in the same boat - especially since I had to be up by 9 for a quick bit of work this morning. However, I felt fucking fantastic. No hangover. Not even that tired. It was marvelous.

Like I said, the night itself was a good one. We got there VERY early (we were about the only ones there for a few minutes) but it picked up quickly. Early on, the DJ/host/guy with microphone came out and said he needed 3 volunteers to try and win a free drink. Being it was their birthdays, we volunteered Sean and Brad. Some other girl was contestant #3.

The contest? Make the best sex noise without using any actual words. Sean had the mic first and was actually really good - he would've won had the girl not recruited her friend to do it for her. She was marginally hot and sounded really slutty, so Sean conceded victory.

Brad, however, was fucking terrible. At first he tried to slink off the stage but they wouldn't let him. He was clearly embarrassed - and I don't blame him, I probably woulda been too. But it was still a bad attempt.

"I couldn't tell if you were having sex or riding a horse." - The host, critiquing Brad's work.

The rest of the night got slightly more blurry. Spent most of the last couple hours dancing and hitting on some girl named Stacy, which was fun. I'm not used to getting that much attention at clubs, so I just went with it.

Even if my "wheeling" ability was a little rusty ("In pre-season wheeling form" according to Chris). He seemed slightly disappointed afterwards that I didn't complete the "full wheel" but I got effort points.

"You had the wheel going pretty good for awhile." - Chris

So that was the night. Not a bad one at all.

No comments: