Saturday, October 01, 2005

"It looks like a giant robot took a shit." - Ian, on the skytrain, looking at the Expo/Science World building.

"Fuck I'm sweet." - Sean, happy with himself after spraying playing cards all over his living room, and right onto Rachel's plate while she was eating something. He was more impressed than her.

Sean: I'm not going. I got tired.
Brad: Tired of what?
Sean: Being awake.

Sean: Why don't you grow up?
Brad: I would if I could. Then I'd be like Jack and the beanstalk. I'd be all tall, and climby, and shit.

"I thought I hit a dog but it was only a juicebox." - Brad, after parking his car.

After Jer poured a perfect beer really quickly...
Kels: Nice pour!
Jer: Yeah I know. I'm not gonna lie, I got a woody now.
Bobby: Really? I think that'd only be worth like a half-chub at best.
Jer: Hey, it's my pour and I'll get whatever percentage of chub that I want.

It's weird how we can end up going to three bars in one night, yet having nothing really super exciting happen. No one was drunk (except Brad), just very mellow.

Some of us went to Fort Pub for dinner - where Bucholtz wouldn't stop singing "Closer to the Heart" at the top of his lungs. Then he left without his cell phone and iPod. Idiot.

After Fort I went home for an hour or so and just chilled - there was a decided lack of activity last night - Sean, Buchs and Ian all had to work Saturday so they called it a night before 10; Chris was coaching hockey; Jer was at the Giants game with his dad; and Kels wasn't sure if she'd be coming out of not.

She did though - and me, her, Tara, Amanda and Brad decided to go to Sharks for awhile. But it was shut down for the night by the Liquor Control folks, so we were out of luck with bar #2. So we inevitably headed to the ol' standby, Slapshots. Turned out to be fun in the end - Jer and Bobby showed up later, and Rob was there too. Just not our usual night of craziness - which was good actually because I was really tired from the Audioslave concert the night before (Which was fucking AWESOME!).

I didn't really drink - a couple beers probably, just 'cuz I'm saving my energy for tonight's Canucks' PPV exhibition game. We're headed back to Slaps.

Should be good.

No comments: