Saturday, October 08, 2005

Okay, in the past few posts, Jer has given me shit for not remembering or posting every single funny quote, and I confess right now that there's one I can't remember - Jer even said to me "Hey Nick, remember that!" right when it happened...but I forget. So Jer, if you remember, comment away. Sorry bud.

Alas, there were somethings I remembered.

"You know what fucking pisses me off? (Minorities) who still get overly offended and think absolutely every time you say anything it's somehow a racist burn on them. You know what? Slavery ended 170 fucking years ago. Get over it." - Buch's rant

Buchs, shitfaced on Wednesday, making new friends...

Buchs: So, where you from?
Guy in bar: Washington.
Buchs: That sucks. I've been to Washington twice and both times it fucking sucked.

"It's like fucking a fleece bear." - Buchs again, on the virtues of wearing his new sweatpants.

"God I hope my kids don't grow up to be like him." - Kels, talking about - guess who? - Bucholtz.

"Why are you licking the carpet? What are you, a lesbian?" - Kels, to her dog Rocky the other day.

"Four guys in a purple Ford Aspire. Man, we're pimps." - Sean, before honking the horn at some girls.

"Did you know the there's no slang in the German language? It's true - they can say 'Let's liquidate the Jews' but they can't tell you to 'Fuck your hat'." - Buchs.

Last night was a pretty low-key one once again, went to the movies with Buchs and Brad and saw Two for the Money, which was pretty good, although the last few times I've seen Al Pacino in a movie it hasn't been as good he used to be. Ah, well, he's still rad.

Then we headed over to Lambie's for a bit, where everyone else was - minus Chris, who's in Kamloops, and Kelsey, who's in Enderby. It was actually an odd Friday for me, because my normal Friday routine consists of working til 3, then going to Jimy Mac's for beer/food with Kelsey and/or Chris, and usually Tara too. But instead, I worked late, til my usual 5:00 quitting time, and came home and didn't go to any pub for dinner. Instead, my two usual accomplices were in the Okanagan, and some other people bailed on the food idea, so we went to the movies instead. It was a good night, but it was a bit different than the normal routine - never bad to mix things up once in awhile though.

So that was the night in the nutshell - the highlight being when Lambie ate a sickeningly-gross spider web and dead bug in it for $14. Just gross. Yet awesome. Tonight we're watching the Canucks' game, I'm just not sure where. Somebody's house, or Slapshots, most likely.

No comments: