Monday, September 12, 2005

Sean: Me and Rachel had sex in a hot tub in the middle of the afternoon!
Ian: Is that a challenge? Because I'll do her right now!

You hang out with Brad for a whole weekend on a roadtrip, and you're bound to collect some doozy quotes...

"They shouldn't go to jail, they should get a trophy." - Brad, on the people who dug the drug-smuggling tunnel under the Canadian-American border in Aldergrove.

"It's almost time I developed a gambling problem." - Brad

"Buddy, if basepaths were downhill, you'd be Rickey Henderson." - Brad

Slut: Do you like blowjobs?
Brad: Do I like Christmas?

"There's just two kinds of people who wear purple: The Anaheim Mighty Ducks, and homos." - Brad

"I gave her the juice. That's like a cross between the business and...more business." - Brad again

"I have a little more respect for Bucholtz now." - Chris, after him and Brad met some friendly black guys. Bucholtz of course, is 1/6000th black.

"We're still friends with you but I don't know why." - Chris

"I'm gonna change careers from a no-good son of a bitch to a ballplayer." - Brad

"They should've had a doubleheader today. The first game should've been all this Sept. 11 stuff, then Game 2 should've been Muslim Appreciation Night." - Brad, after the Sunday M's game.

Jenna: Can you believe we got all this beer, a sandwich, and two bags of chips for $30?
Nick: God Bless America!

Well we're all back from Seattle, and it was awesome. We stayed in Everett actually, at Jenna's aunt and uncle's house. They're rad people to stay with - they stayed up on Saturday and drank a bit with us. And the best part was that Kerri spent a good deal of the weekend questioning how a) Brad could be so dumb and b) How come it didn't bug him that we bug him so much.

(As an aside, here's a typical Brad situation. We were watching bullriding on TV, and Brad revealed to us all that he didn't know that bulls were only male, and regular cows female. I'm not kidding you. Nice job B-rad)

Anyways...the games were awesome even though the Mariners lost them both. The second game the Safeco ushers moved us from our top row bleacher seat to the near-empty Terrace Club, where the seats are wider and comfier, and the food is brought right to your seat. Ahh..luxury.

We also took the Sounder train from Everett to Seattle for Game 2. It was pretty cool cuz I'd never been on a real train before. A good deal for $6 roundtrip.

The only part that kind of sucked was that the M's super-rookie, 19-year-old Felix Hernandez, didn't have his usual stuff in Game 2. The kid's a fireballer -and the video radar gun had most of his pitches in the 96-98 mph range, but he got a little roughed up in the second and didn't dominate as he's been doing so far in the show. Oh well, still nice to see him throw.

The rest of the weekend was just a lot of hanging out, drinking beer, chillin' and playing with Howie the cat, who I thought was pretty awesome (and I don't even like cats).

I think a few of us are also dreading our cell phone bills when they come this month, thanks to the wonder that is the Roaming function on our phones. Now, I didn't actually make or take any calls while stateside, but I sent out a lot of text messages. Hopefully they're still free like at home, but if not, uh oh. When I came down 2 weeks ago with my Dad I maybe sent out 10 messages, but this weekend I sent about 10 a minute. Sent some to people because I was just kind of bored, some because I was drunk, others because people wanted to know how the game was goin', and others I sent to make sure people were doin' OK and having a good weekend

And Chris and Brad called everyone they knew at 3:30 a.m. to ramble incoherently.

Nice way to spend those airtime minutes fellas.

All in all though, an A+ weekend, especially when combined with Shark's Club Friday, which me and Kels decided was one of the best times there in the past 8 months or so - at least.

And, for a change - she could actually remember most of the night.

Which was about the most shocking thing I've heard since February.

No comments: