Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Just in case you needed a reminder that pro athletes, and in particular NFL players, aren't all thugs, felons, or just dicks in general. Read this about some New Orleans Saints and the Hurricane.

It's an excellent article, I read parts of it twice - especially the following paragraph from wide receiver Joe Horn, about the desperate people being branded as looters.

"Hell, if I'd been trapped there, you'd be calling me a looter, too. Picture watching your little sister drown and you're scared and hungry and you don't have any shoes, and now two hours later you see a Wendy's or a Footlocker. What would you do?
"You know what I'd like to say to everyone stuck there? Loot my house. Seriously, I have a nice house in Destrehan that's full of stuff, and anyone who wants it can have it. Go on in and take my flat-screen TVs and raid my refrigerator. Whatever."


Sure, there are thousands of regular non-famous people doing lots to help too, but I only read Sports Illustrated.

No comments: