Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Well, to everyone's frustration, my blog was down for much of today. Some kind of Blogger problem I guess.

I didn't really have much to write about today. There were a couple things I thought of throughout the day, but nothing note-worthy. Regardless, being that it's now past 10:30, I've forgotten what those things were.

But then something came to me...

Being that I'm the oldest one in my group of friends (24) I get mocked pretty good by certain people for being old. And by "certain people" I mean Jenna and Kelsey. Anyway, I realized today that I'm a "young 24."

How I came to my conclusion:

About an hour ago, for the first time in months, I talked to Doug on msn. Me and Doug have been friends since Grade 8, but I havent seen him since his birthday in February (despite the fact he lives just across the road from Jeremy). We did a quick bit of catching up, and he seemed pretty stressed and depressed.

Now, without getting into detail, this isn't that new of a thing. Doug is 2-months older than me. In his 24 years on this planet he's bought three different houses, two with his fiancee. He's bought two dogs, about 6 different cars, a ride-on lawnmower. And oh yeah, broke up with the fiancee.

He's got a new girlfiend now - who has a kid herself - and now he's indirectly involved with her various custody battles, and all the stress that comes with it.

It's like he's 40 years old already.

In the same time frame, the most stressful thing I've done is went to school, moved away temporarily, and came home - normal stuff for many in the 18-24 demographic. Now I mostly drink beer, go camping, and hang out with my friends.

You tell me who's old now.

No comments: