Monday, May 23, 2005

:: MAY LONG WEEKEND ::

"Chris, where's your flashlight? I need it to dig a hole." - Sean

"I have lots of pictures of dicks." - Kelsey (this may or may not be horribly out of context. You decide.)

A pair of Sunday night moments with Kelsey and our camping neighbour, Mauricio - the dumbest guy I've ever met.

"Are you lesbian?" - Mauricio.

Once the answer to that question was deemed a decisive NO, came moment #2....

Mauricio puts arm around Kelsey...

Kels: DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mauricio: Ahh, haha I didn't think so.
Kels: Next time go with your instincts.

Photos here

So we went camping this weekend, from Friday to Monday - our longest trip yet. Although many people came and went throughout the weekend (Bobby, Pat, Tara, Katie, Brad, Jeff) the core group stayed the whole time - Me, Chris, Jenna, Kelsey, Sean and Rachel, and of course, everyone's favourite stick-fetching party dog, Rocky.

It was, of course, a gong show of the highest order, although i didn't drink as much as I originally planned. Not even close - mainly because on both Saturday night and Sunday night the GP's came on, and i didn't feel like drinking. At times I felt like punching someone in the face actually, but I controlled myself and the feeling passed.

It was good though, and since there's a lot to cram into one post, I'll do it point-form as usual.

- Drinking a bottle of cheap wine for breakfast is a marvelous camping idea. Best thing i did all weekend.

- Brad found his long-lost chair, which Bucholtz broke and threw in the river over a month ago.

- Sean and Chris broke the chair even more, and threw it back on Saturday night. It was fucking awesome.

- Watching Brad, the 100-lb wonder, almost get swept away by the current after jumping in the river was fucking hilarious - especially since we jokingly suggested that would happen.

- The GPs came on one too many times for me this weekend, and despite having fun, I could've probably had a lot more. Partially my own fault. Again.

- White gas is an excellent way to start a fire - albeit a brief one. It's also a good way to almost burn all the camping chairs when there's nobody around to sit in them - right Kels?

That's about it, I suppose.

No comments: