Sunday, May 08, 2005

:: Camping Part III ::

"It's like watching a retard trying to eat a sandwich." - Bucholtz, as Gorski was trying, unsuccessfully, to do something (I can't remember what).

"Me and life aren't getting along right now." - Bucholtz again.

"Hey...you're dumb." - Kelsey, to me, for absolutely no reason. I was just sitting there minding my biznass, (after Kelsey and company wouldn't let me play cards) and she turned around to tell me that.

And here, Jeremy stops Gorski from re-telling the same story for the 50th time.

Gorski: That was crazy when I fell in the river. I thought I was going to die....
Jeremy: Quit living in the past Brad!

For the third time in the young spring/summer camping season, we went to Chilliwack River for a two-nighter, starting Friday. We went to our new spot again - although we've really began to hate that treacherous hill leading to the spot. It's not so bad when you're just going for one night, but with two nights comes more stuff, and heavier coolers, so it was a struggle. Once the drinking began though, it was alright.

I had about 8 or 9 beers on Friday, so I wasn't completely mangled, but lots of other people were. For starters, Gorski and Buchs decided to split a 60 of vodka...which was a mistake waiting to happen. Turns out that the first mistake didn't take long to materialize - As he was walking from his car to the camping spot with his gear, Gorski dropped his pillow in the water.

It wasn't the only time Brad and the river would meet, as the above quote suggested. At around 3 or so (I think) after the 60 of vodka was long gone, Gorski wandered off with Kelsey.

He came back soaking wet.

Turns out he fell ass-backwards into a pool of water, and was completely submerged. He was so drunk he just stood there, and couldn't even get out of his cold, wet clothes. Me and Kels had to find him some clothes, and Jer had to dress him. It was pretty god damned funny, although Brad didn't really think so at the time. The phrase "I almost died out there" was used so much it was ridiculous.

While Brad falling drunkenly into the depths of a local river isn't uncommon (Our other spot, in Fort Langley, is named Garski Falls for a reason), there were a few other unusual occurences...and some not so much.

For starters, on Saturday most of us started drinking as soon as we woke up (Breakfast: one cinnamon bun, one hotdog, three beers), so as the day wore on, things got messy. Gorski was rambling about how he wanted to drive into town, and we obviously wouldn't let him because he was tanked. Then he said he wanted to get something from his car, and Sean, who had his keys, didn't buy it, and wouldn't give them to him.

Then Brad got angry and yelled at Sean and grabbed his collar.

Then Sean punched Brad right in the back of the head as they tumbled to the ground.

Yes, Sean punched someone. And it was pretty funny.

And as for other events, well they were what typically happens when us and alcohol are combined. At one point during the day me and Kels decided that we weren't getting along. I don't know why, but we were cutting each other down pretty good all weekend. Even more than usual. All in good fun, of course.

Then she grabbed my hat and threw it in the water.

And then I think I shocked her pretty good when I yelled at her, even though I was kidding. I'm pretty sure the words bitch and/or whore were thrown around. oops.

"I never thought I'd ever hear you call me those names," she said.

I felt pretty bad, even if it wasn't serious. (Although nobody apologized for throwing my hat in the water!!!)

I mean, I call people bitches all the time, but not Kelsey. But thats' what happens when you're drunk since breakfast I suppose.

Much of Saturday night is actually a blur...I remember some random guys from another spot showing up, I remember Kelsey getting stuck talking to them and complaining later ("Why am I always a shit-magnet?!"), and I remember Bucholtz dancing in the middle of the road at 2 a.m. with no shirt on (His shirt was found the next day...on the road).

I don't remember how I got to my tent, but my last memory of Saturday is peeking out of my tent's air vent as I lied on the floor, and hearing Rachel's voice, and seeing Kelsey's feet right outside.

Then I passed out.

What a wicked weekend.

No comments: