Sunday, May 15, 2005

"I don't wanna acquire new tastes, I just wanna get drunk." - Scott, who was drinking Smirnoff Ice, and apparently had no desire to start drinking beer.

"I imitated butt-fucking some guy the other day. I was pretty good at it." - Sean, moments after he busted out his "gay-voice", despite Rachel's disgust and objection.

Well, the crazy weekend is over.

Started out weird, definitely, but at least Saturday night and Sunday were pretty good. Saturday we went to Gorski's and got nicely wrecked, and everyone seemed to be back to normal, for the most part, although I'm never a really great judge of those kind of things, especially when I'm drinking. Regardless, it was better than Friday.

Then today was the Sunday Hangover Doubleheader. We had a ball game at 9:20 a.m. - it was not a good time for the Cannons to play baseball, or do anything really. I had about 5 hours sleep, and began my morning by chugging some OJ and promptly puking it back up while talking to Ian on the phone. Pat said he slept for about 40 minutes, and I don't think Brad had much either. He was drinking beeer the second he was at the field, anyhow.

We lost the first one by a couple - we played decent. Then in between games we went to Murrayville Pub for the brunch buffet. It was awesome food, although maybe not the greatest idea to stuff our faces before our second game.

However stuffed we were, we managed to pull off a win in Game 2. We crushed the ball - 4 homeruns, although three were solo shots. Either way, it was a good game.

We play again tomorrow, then have a bit of a break for the long weekend, which hopefully will be a shitshow. We're going camping, assuming we can find a spot to go. Camping usually goes pretty smoothly, so hopefully it'll be good again.

No comments: