Saturday, February 19, 2005

I'm finding it harder and harder to post things on time lately. When I get home from work I just don't feel like writing anymore, even if it is fun stuff on my blog, rather than work stuff. So, better late than never, some tales from work earlier in the week....

A few weeks ago, boss decided to relocate me from my small "new guy" desk to a bigger, L-shaped one like everybody else has. At first I didn't want to move, because now my back faces the rest of the office and people are always coming up behind me and startling me. But now I'm glad for the switch because I'm next to Steve, and that side of the office has basically turned into Grade 4 recess. Especially this week, since other people were on holidays and we were left to our own devices.

All week we talked about fruit. It started when Steve couldn't choose whether to eat an apple or a pear at lunch, and we decided that you can never go wrong with an apple. Then we had a long convo, on and off for two days, about what the most efficient fruit was (ie: easiest to eat). Oranges and grapefruits came in last, since you have to peel it, pick the white pulp off, and break into into pieces. On top of that your hands smell like citrus afterwards and are sticky. The orange did earn points, however, because when you throw the peel away, your garbage can smells nice for a few days. The eventual winner was a tie between seedless grapes, and the plum, because you can eat the entire thing easily while driving and then spit the pit out the window.

We also came to the conclusion that the most useless fruit was the pommegranate, simply because they have too many seeds and neither of us even knew what the hell they tasted like or how you're supposed to eat them.

Then we had a lengthy discussion about what fruit everyone in the office would be. We also compared our co-workers to different types of dogs. One person was a lemon (sour, only good in small doses, and longs to be the more popular and powerful orange).

And we talked for a good 25 minutes about different types of handshakes and which was the best one.

We wasted a lot of time this week. Surprisingly though, we didn't get in trouble from boss for it. Instead, he just laughed, and occasionally participated in our stupid conversations.

There was one time, during a debate about what was the best melon, he was just baffled.

"This is the third time this week I've walked in here and felt like I was in the middle of a Seinfeld episode," he said.

Clearly, it was a slow week.

No comments: