Wednesday, February 11, 2004

:: Surprise, surprise ::

Today when I came into work I was fully expecting at least one voicemail message or email complaining about me sticking it to the referees again, so it was with great dread that I pushed the blinking voicemail light on my phone. But what I heard was not a complaint, in fact it was a very nice compliment. It was quite a surprise.

Stan is a guy I know in town, his two sons play about every sport imaginable so I see him all the time. This week I wrote a story about his oldest son Curtis and Curtis' best friend, Reuban.

He said it was very well-written, and it was very nice to see a story not just about Curtis, but about his friend too. He also thanked me for writing it.

Before the story even got published I told everyone it was my favourite, and probably the best one I'd written since I'd got here. It's kind of nice that other people realize it to.

No comments: