Friday, February 27, 2004

:: Lucky 7 ::

People (read: Jeremy) have become antsy waiting for a new post, and really who can blame them? There's really not a lot to report. But even so, here's seven thoughts/ideas/observations I've had lately. Might not be the most interesting read ever, but hey, at least it's a new post. What can I say, I'm a crowd-pleaser.

1. Ken didn't get the job in Kamloops so I thought that would mean the paper wouldn't be editor-less, so I was kind of happy. Sad for Ken of course, but a little happy for me since it makes my life easier.

2. I still might end up editor-less. Ken found out he didnt get the job by 10 o'clock this morning. By noon he'd decided to apply to the daily paper in Grande Prairie. He just wants out, but I think I've mentioned that before.

3. It's now well known that both Ken and I want to leave. Why is it well known? It's well known because Jen (crazygirl) hassled the two of us about our "secret conferences" so we spilled the beans. Our co-workers have now figured out that when Ken says "Hey dude, come here for a minute" he really means "Come check out this job I found." They cracked our code. Also, we often print off job openings and then forget about them, leaving them to sit on the printer. But we still mostly blame Jen.

4. The laundry room in my building is always busy lately, except on Friday nights, I've discovered. I assume this is because everyone would rather spend their Friday nights partying, not separating whites from darks. Not me though, I just love it to death.
4a. I'm a big dork.

5. It snowed again here. Fuck.

6. I'm still planning on registering classictimes.ca and making a website. I just don't know when. I'll get around to it eventually.

7. Jeremy told me once that I don't mention Grove enough on here, so I will now. Seems like there's a lot going on these past few weeks there: People having kids, People who can't get through the "force field" with their girlfriends despite having an entire week to do so, people who finally worked up the balls to break up with their girlfriends, people who seem to be happier, and certain people seem a lot grumpier - take the GP's off for Christ's sake fellas. Also some people have been working too much, and other people are looking for better jobs. And one person - Mr. Forbes - finally found a job, which is good, even if he is "the token white guy" and has to put up with the Deaner yapping about the Home and Garden Show all fucking day long. I feel your pain buddy. I really do.

That's it. And to all you people in Kamloops and Langley, listen up: If you happen to see a local sports reporter around your town, be sure to push him down some stairs or into a busy street. Then they'll have to go on medical leave because it's impossible to be a sports reporter with a broken leg, bruised sternum and a concussion. Then I can take their job. See? It all works out.

No comments: