Sunday, June 19, 2005

:: Victory laps and cheap gin ::

"You know what really pisses me off? I didn't start eating potato salad until like a year ago. I missed out on a lot of potato salad eating opportunities." - Kelsey, lamenting 19 years of missed opportunities.

"I'm like one of those guys in the army...you know, soldiers?" - Bucholtz

"It did not get cool until I got here." - Kelsey

"Maybe I'll just not let anyone come over and I'll stay at home and build lego all night." - Ian, on his potential change of plans.

"What do you think is better - having one of those wheelchairs you control with your mouth, or having a big Swedish guy carry you around all day in a giant snuggly?" - Bucholtz

"Or maybe I'll just ride around on a giant hippo." - Bucholtz finds a third option to the above dilemna.

Chris: Where's Jenna?
Buchs: She's inside with Amanda, talking about yarn, or whatever it is girls talk about.

By most accounts, this weekend was a good one. Although it further reaffirms my position that I should not be allowed to have a cell phone while drunk. Too many opportunities for a drunk dial or far-too-truthful text message. I don't necessarily regret it, but sooner or later it'll be a mistake, I'm sure.

Anyway, Friday started off with a phone call from Bucholtz about a half hour before our ball game, at 7:35. He needed a ride. Not because he didn't have a car or anything, but because he was freaking loaded. He got off work at 3 and spent his afternoon drinking free beers with his boss.

Needless to say, he only played an inning of the game before we yanked him. In that time however, he still looked ridiculous by striking out, and pretty much embarrased his family name - with his grandparents in the stands to watch.

It was a really good game, well played and lots of fun. We ended up tying, but we were very close to pulling out a W. Oh well, still better than a loss.

After ball, we parking lotted it for awhile before hitting up the beer store and heading to my place. My normal Friday night beverage would be beer and plenty of it, but I'm actually off beer for awhile, as part of a little plan of mine. Anyway, I decided gin was the way to go.

And it didn't take me very long to get friggin' sloshed. I hadn't wanted to get that drunk, honestly. But the gin really hit me harder than I expected, and I passed out by about 1:30 or so, not before slamming my front door, yelling at Sean, and generally being mad. It didn't turn out to be my best night, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Saturday, I went to the dentist, then patiently waited for people to wake up so I'd have some company. That eventually happened when Chris and Kelsey woke up at like 2 p.m.

It was Harmony's 1st birthday so we went to Danny and Amanda's for awhile for the partay. It was pretty cool, and Little H seemed to have a good time, even with cake all over her face. It was so good in fact, Bucholtz wrote in the 'guest book' type thing that he "Hopes you have lots more birthdays" which is really like saying "I hope you don't die"

How touching.

Anyway, Saturday night was a shaker at Ian's because his 'rents were gone away for a day or two. It too, turned out to be pretty good. I drank some more gin, and, because Bucholtz chickened out, I also drank a small cup full of beer, gin, orange Kool-Aid, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

It tasted like puke, but thankfully I didn't hurl. It was a close call though.

The night turned into a marathon, with me and Kels eventually wandering home at 5 a.m. Before heading inside we sat in her car for a few minutes and chatted.

Then we decided a victory lap was in order.

Sunday, I was thinking about doing a bit of work in the morning, but I obviously slept right through that. oops. The fam came over for a Father's Day BBQ in the afternoon and evening, which worried Kelsey because that meant less potato salad for her. My great-uncle Ed was here from Florida too, and he was a little camera happy, which made most of us not. Some people are camera shy, others like myself not very photogenic, and he always wanted people to "snuggle up closer" if he was taking a picture. It was just sort of annoying.

Really, the weekend was not unlike many others though - some booze, lots of fun, and me and Kelsey spending most of the weekend loafing aroun trying to annoy each other and/or hit each other with stuff.

And me generally feeling the same way I do at the end of every Sunday - happy, except for the fact that I know I won't be asleep for a long time yet.

It's 12:20 a.m. already. I'm betting on 3 this time.

Dammit, this has gotta stop.

No comments: