Monday, June 20, 2005

:: Last Ditch Effort ::

In January, I decided I had had enough of my current out-of-shape state. It has never gotten me anywhere, and I figured it was holding me back from certain things. So I made one minor change: I gave up fast food completely.

It worked, to a certain degree. I lost like 15 pounds between January at May. Not nearly enough, In the last few weeks I started going to the gym, and gave up these additional things: Beer, pretty much any food that's bad for you, and my sanity.

Did I mention beer?

For the first time since I can remember, I've actually been motivated. Very motivated, in fact, for a variety of reasons which I won't get into. Not having a heart attack and dying at like 30 is one reason, but it's by no means near the top of the list.

Basically, I'm tired of people saying "Oh, but he's really nice." or "He's funny."

Funny, nice guys don't get shit. Guys who are in shape do - even if they're pricks. One day I'd like to find that out for myself.

It's been pretty damn difficult giving up all that stuff - you never realize how much shit you ate until you actually don't eat it anymore. But I'm still confident that in the end, it'll be worth it. I don't know if it'll be worth it tomorrow, next month, or a year from now, but eventually I think it will be.

It damn well better anyway - did I mention I gave up beer?

No comments: