Tuesday, June 07, 2005

:: Anger and other observations ::

Nothing angers me more than bad drivers. I just want to fucking throttle 'em.

Tonight, on the drive home from Brown Rd Park - from our rained out baseball game (I'll get to it in a minute) - I got tailgated by some prick in a light brown Dodge Intrepid.

The Whole Fucking Way Home.

Now, normally I can deal with minor tailgating, because I probably do it a little bit myself. But this fucker was unbelievable. His car was so far up my ass I could barely see his headlights.

And it's not like I was going slow - I was going a steady 80-85 so I was speeding already - and it was raining and dark, to boot. Anyway, this retard then gets the bright idea to fall back a bit and then speed up. I don't know if he was trying to scare me, but it didn't work. I just did what any angry, road-raged person would do.

I slammed on my brakes. Hard. For no reason. Repeatedly.

Sure, I'm a bit of a prick, but I didn't care. I was just waiting for him to smash into me, but he didn't. So we got back into Grove, where the road turns to 2-lanes. Red light. Beautiful. I got in the left, he went in the right.

Sure enough, 40-year-old douchebag starts yapping at me, so I gave him some back. Then he actually opened his car door, and looked like he was going to get out of his car. Then I told him "If you take one more step out of that car I'm going to smash your head right through your fucking windshield."

Then he got back in, turned right at the light, and was gone.

Nick 1. Douchebag 0.

Angry note #2: Our ball game was cancelled.

Yes, it was raining fairly hard at 8:20 when the ump apparently decided to call it. However, our game didn't start til 8:55. By then, it wasn't raining nearly as hard. Sure the field was a bit slick, but it definitely was playable - no big mud pits or anything like that.

To make matters worse, the game at the diamond right next to us went ahead as planned.

I guess it wasn't raining as hard over there. Either that, or their umpire wasn't as much of a pussy as ours.

And one more thing before I go... (don't worry, this isn't anger, just an observation I made on the way home)

I sometimes wonder how good of friends I really am with some people. That's not to say I don't like any of my current friends - that'd be ridiculous. I'm not even saying they don't like me. I just mean that I sometimes think I'm closer with some people than I actually am.

If I didn't make the phone calls, or say "Hey lets do something" I just wonder if we'd ever do anything at all. It's just weird, and it kinda sucks when you think you're really good friends with somebody.

It's still worth the effort on my part, and I'm not angry or anything, it's just something I realized. I just don't want to feel like that charity case friend. You know, the "Oh, Nick's calling again. I better go hang out with him" kind of person.

I can't be that guy, because people like Jarrett already are. I figured I was higher up the totem pole than that - With some people anyway. Chances are I'm reading way too much into things (I tend to do that ALOT) but it'd just be nice if somebody else picked up a phone once in awhile. Somebody who actually wanted to do something, and not just because I was badgering them.

No comments: