Today I had the day off, and this morning I went out to run a few errands. When I came back the entire building, especially the front foyer area, had a bleachy/chlorine-type smell. It's so bad in the front entrance it almost gives you a headache. It's gross.
So I've come to the conclusion that someone in this building has either installed a wave pool in their living room and put far too much chlorine in, or somebody is running a big crystal meth lab somewhere in here.
Clearly those are the only two logical options.