Monday, February 10, 2003

"I'm only taking notes to keep me from stabbing myself in the eye with my pen." - me.

"Kill me. Kill me now." - Matt.

Both the above comments, written on notes that were passed between us, illustrate the sheer pain that was our lives from 7:00 - 10:00 tonight. Worst class ever. Longest class ever. It was just non-stop babbling about Latin American political science and blah blah blah. The main problem was IT WAS A FILM CLASS!! I didn't hear the word "film" or "movie" for the better part of 3 hours. Then with time thankfully dwindling down, he puts on this documentary about the vietnam war. The movie was going to run past 10 when he showed us all mercy and turned it off.

The part that really sucks is that Ron Smith, the prof, is a super intelligent, nice guy, who is generally a great teacher with a good sense of humour. I know this from having taken a previous class with him. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I felt like all my energy had been sucked out of me by the classroom, which I think must've been some kind of evil black hole/vortex type thing that just sucked my will to live right out of me. I was beginning to feel jealous of some of the Vietnam victims because at least they were resting in peace instead of suffering in Old Main 2621 like we were. ( Ok ok I guess that's exagerating a lot, but you get the point.)

Kevin and Al, who decided to skip the class, are the smartest people I know.

No comments: