Tuesday, February 04, 2003

"Facts schmacts! Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson.

I know, I know, that's two consecutive posts starting with Simpsons quotes, but they just come in handy you know?

::start rant::

You knows what's been bugging me lately? Scientific studies. They're all the same: "A new study proves that Thing A causes Thing B." And the two "things" they're talking about are always so unrelated its not even funny. Hey science guys! I can tell you something already. Aids causes death. Cancer causes death. Start figuring that stuff out first then worry about shit like this.

I can just imagine a bunch of PhD's with clipboards sitting around going "I wonder what two completely different things we can match up today to make us look smart." I wonder if they're keeping score.

"Well Dr. Smith proved that eating peanut butter any time after midnight decreases your chance of getting pneumonia, so that's worth 50 points. But it's not quite as good as Dr. Suess, who proved that walking ten miles per day causes the soles of your shoes wear down, which deserves 100 points."

Why do people waste time and money to prove things like this?

Stupid scientists.

::end rant::

No comments: