Sunday, February 09, 2003

----- The following post has been modified from its original version because after reading it over I thought it seemed whiny, which was not my intention. Also, because of the verbal mocking I received from everyone when I "invented" these new plans, I got the impression that people thought I was complaining about the original plan. Also not entirely true. Either way, I'm taking at least partial credit for these plans, just because I can.

---------------------------------------------

Melissa: I have a brilliant plan.
Shaun: Oh crap.

Our reading break plans that were once brilliant are now.....different, and maybe not as brilliant, but definately cool. Our grand plans of mexico/las vegas/ were derailed due to everyone's limited cash flow. Reasons for this cash flow problem - we drank all our money away, and in Meghan's case, we can only assume that Gordon Campbell himself drank away her money. I could go off an anti-student loan rant here, but I'll leave that to Meghan. If you really want to hear a good rant though, go talk to her. She's the one wandering around angrily mumbling "Three business days. Three business days. Three business days."

So now our plans are to go and wander around Vancouver for awhile. My parents said we could all crash there. I don't think they realize what they've got themselves into. Oh well, they'll find out soon enough I guess. So it should be good. We all get to hang out for awhile in a different town, and I get to see my brother and some other friends too, which is nice. Now if we could just get this stupid week over with and get on with the show.

No comments: