Wednesday, February 26, 2003

"Everyone who goes into 7-Eleven is a potential criminal." - Me.

I know, its sort of lame of me to quote myself, but it brings up something important that I realized tonight: I've starting talking in sound bytes. You see, me and Mike have become so obsessed with writing funny stuff on our respective web logs, we are constantly listening to conversations just so we can pick up a funny sentence or two to use as a lead quote in the blog. It may be getting a little out of hand.

Don't believe me? 2 examples:

1)_Mike's notes from his 457 Arts writing class consisted only of a sketch he made that he is going to scan and put on his site, and quotes that people said in class that were funny and could have possibly made their way to the web log.

2. Tonight when I made the comment seen above about 7-Eleven, I realized right away, even before Meghan suggested it, that it was a potential blog-moment. Which brings me to how I only speak in captions and sound bytes. It's spiralling out of control. I must be stopped.

Anyways, tonight we went and saw Old School, which was a great flick. Friggin' hilarious in many parts. I recommend it. The best part of the night though, happened after the movie was over. In the parking lot, on Mike's car windshield, was a flyer with a coupon for a free hour of pool at Executive Billiards. But not just any coupon. A coupon with no expiry date. No limit one per customer. No restrictions at all. So we did what anyone would do in our position. We ran around the parking lot until we had enough coupons for 33 hours of free pool. We're thinking of using them all at once. Executive Billiards will never know what hit 'em.

No comments: