Tuesday, May 11, 2010

:: Repeat performance ::

For Games 3 and 4 of the Vancouver Canucks/Chicago Blackhawks series, people watched as a group at Davy and Colleen's house. As luck would have it, the good guys lost both games - and in ugly fashion, no less.

So a rule was put in place Friday night – after the Game 4 loss – that, should the Canucks win Game 5, thus staving off elimination, no one would be allowed to watch the game at Davy and Colleen's. Which is really too bad because there's usually lots of good food, but it's what had to be done for the team.

The Canucks, you may have heard, did indeed win Sunday, and tonight is another do-or-die affair. I, for one, am going to watch the game in the exact same place – the shitty, old, uncomfortable couch in our basement – where I watched Sunday's win. I am going to drink the same thing I drank last time – one Coke Zero, one beer. I may even dig out the same clothes from the laundry bin that I was wearing Sunday night.

And I advise everyone to steer clear of Davy and Colleen's. Actually, it's a demand. In fact, this what I just told my brother during a text-message conversation:

"If anybody even thinks about watching the game and Davy and Colleen's, I'm going to set fire to their cars. And quite frankly, Ian's house is a little too close (to Davy and Colleen's) for comfort. He's gonna have to watch somewhere else."

(Post-script: Chris informs me that Ian and Davy have men's league ball, so they'll be far away from their homes, which is good. What is bad is that Chris watched the last game at Ian's. The solution? Chris will have to break in to Ian's house and watch by himself. Yeah, that seems logical.)

And if we're lucky enough to have a Game 7 to watch, we're all gonna be in a dilly of a pickle – the Cannons are scheduled to play Thursday at 6:30 p.m. I'll forfeit if it means the Canucks will win, but I supposed this is why PVRs were invented. That probably makes more sense.

No comments: