Friday, May 07, 2010

:: Priorities ::

After a year and a half of "training" I finally thought I'd made some headway with regard to turning Christene into a sports fan, and more importantly, a Canucks fan. I mean, she's already professed her love for her beloved Alain Vigneault – "Vins" she calls him – and his snappy suits, and then there was the time last year where she yelled at the TV.

I'd never been prouder.

But then she goes and does something like this..... 

This morning, her brother and sister-in-law had a baby – a little girl named Veronica. So, instead of coming to Davy and Colleen's house with me to watch Game 4 of the Canucks/Blackhawks series, she has the audacity to want to see her new little niece tonight instead.

Unbelievable! I mean, I'm sure little Veronica is cute as a button – I mean, she's a little baby, of course she is – but c'mon, it's the playoffs!

Clearly, I have more work to do yet. 

No comments: