Monday, March 29, 2010

:: Hot Tub Time Machine ::

Christene and I went and saw Hot Tub Time Machine last night, which was surprisingly excellent in a "This is ridiculous" kind of way.

And it got me thinking – if I had a hot tub time machine, where would I go and what would I change? It wouldn't be 1986 like it was for the guys in the movie (really, what fun am I gonna have at 5 years old?) and all the other things I said maybe I'd chance, I probably wouldn't – because eventually the chain of events changes something good down the line.

(For example: Maybe I go back in time and invent the Internet. Then I'm super rich and never have to work at my current job. But then I don't meet my friend Kristyl, who would never introduce me to Christene. See how that works?)

So what would I chance? Well, after carefully considering the Butterfly Effect, it'd be this: I'd go back two weeks ago, when I went through a drive-thru but didn't realize they'd screwed up my order until I got home, at which time it was too late to go back.

With my knowledge of the future, I would definitely check the bag before driving away this time.

No comments: