Saturday, March 13, 2010

:: Common sense is all I'm asking for ::

Yesterday at work, I took a few minutes to go to my insurance provider and cancel my house insurance because I'm obviously no longer living in said house (Perhaps you've heard? I may have mentioned it a time or two on this very blog).

Anyways, I explained to the woman behind the desk what I wanted to do and why – again, because I'm moving – and it was all a very straightforward, simple procedure. You know the drill – sign here, initial there, take this copy, etc etc etc... No biggie.

But then the clerk says, "OK, so you're refund cheque will be mailed to this 208th street address."

I took a second to realize what she had said because it was so dumb. I mean, let's break it down: I came into the office for the sole purpose of canceling the insurance on my townhouse because – and I can't stress this enough – I do not live there anymore. And this woman has decided that the best place to mail $67 refund (editor's note: woo! big money!) is to the address I'm leaving?

Sorry, sweetheart, that won't do.

It was obviously no big deal – all I did was leave her a new forwarding address, and I know it was a Friday and people's minds aren't always 100% on their job, but this seemed like a pretty simple thing.

She knew I did not live at that address anymore. I just told her that.

It was just annoying, that's all.

No comments: