Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's fucking hot out.

This weekend, nearly over as I write this, was pretty decent - maybe not quite as spectacular as the last couple, especially the last few Fridays.

This Friday began with some baseball, and ended with beer in Bucholtz' backyard, til he gave most of us the boot 'round midnight.

There were a lot of B's in that last sentence.

Last night me and Bobby 'qued up some steaks and shrimp, then we all hung out in the heat at the ol' Scramstad abode. Almost all of us anyway - Gorski stopped by late in the evening for a little bit, and Kels was there in the beginning, but then just suddenly not.

We watched UFC, did flips on trampolines, and Bobby promised to draw my soon-to-be tattoo for me.

In other news, I've got my computer back now, If you couldn't tell. $160 later. Stupid viruses.

Short week this week for me. Monday-Wednesday, then its off to the Okanagan to get blitzed and win baseball games. Notice I said win and not just play. That's because we beat the best team in the league last week. Confidence is high. We are unstoppable.

Here are some quotes, some old, some not.

"Here's the problem..everybody who has a girlfriend doesn't want one, and everyone who doesn't have one wants one." - Bobby, summing up relationships.

Chris knows Sean well....
Sean: I'm going to do some laundry this weekend, and I'm also going to clean out my car.
Chris: Neither of those things are going to happen. You gotta start small - you've set unrealistic goals for yourself.

"I GOT FIDDLED!" - Buchs, after only getting to second base with a youngin' at a party. He also played an imaginary fiddle whilst complaining.

"I forget Vancouver even has a hockey team these days." - Chris, cheering for the Oilers in the Stanley Cup finals.

"Have you seen a seeing-eye dog crap? I don't think they do - how would their owners clean it up?" - Ashley, asking the tough questions.

Rachel: I'd rather take it in my ear than all over me.
Sean: I'll remember that.
(They were talking about beer being spilled on people. What'd you think it was? Sickos)

And I'll leave you with these two from one Mr. Bucholtz...

First, his phrase of the day: Quadicly Aquatated. I don't remember what the hell he was trying to say, but it was either that he wanted another beer, or was going to piss. One or the other.

"I wanna poke this young broad, but I don't want to put any effort into it. It's a real Catch-22."

And there, my friends, is quintessential Bucholtz. Wants to get laid without trying. I don't know how the fuck he does it, but it usually actually works.

Like he told Bobby last night, "Sometimes it's just so easy."

Easy? Jeez, I'm gonna have to start taking notes.

No comments: