Sunday, February 19, 2006

:: The Weekend ::

This weekend was a bit of an odd one - both eventful and uneventful at the same time..sorta.

Yes, I'm aware that's not actually possible, but that's how this weekend felt for me. Friday got started a bit later than usual, but at least I squeezed in a decent-length nap. We all went to White Spot for dinner, then just chilled at Lambo's house. I packed it in around midnight though - I wasn't drinking and was just tired.

Things picked up a little bit after I left, apparently - but it continued the streak of subdued Friday nights - Sean and Rach were downtown, Jer and Katie called it a night early, and Kelsey was somewhere else entirely. Not sure where, she just wasn't there.

Saturday, I put an offer on a townhouse - so that would count as eventful. But it's only a backup offer because somebody else beat me to the punch, so chances are very, very slim I'll actually get the place, hence the uneventfulness. Went and looked at a couple new condos after that, but they sucked - way too small and overpriced.

Saturday night, while most people went downtown to Shark's Club for a hockey fundraiser, I went out with Doug, Steve, and some other people for Doug's birthday. We went out for dinner, then back to Doug's place and had some drinks.

Even if it wasn't quite on par with the craziness of a usual Saturday night with the usual crowd, it was still pretty rad. Nice to see some different faces I hadn't seen in a long time - especially Steve-O, who I hadn't seen in maybe 10 months or more.

There was less drama too, which was also a nice switch.

Sounds like Shark's Club was pretty fun too - Bobby had to call me in the morning and ask if he talked to me the night before, just to give you an example of how drunk he was.

All in all, I guess it was just a nice change to have some space for a night. Not that I don't have that already, but expect more.

And now, without further adieu, the Weekend Awards...

Best idea...
Jeremy/Nick, for 'borrowing' White Spot's "Tastes of the West Coast 2002" training video.

Best idea II...
Whoever turned the watching of the video into a drinking game.

Worst Movie...
Tastes of the West Coast 2002 training video.

The 'Shoulda seen that coming' Award...
Me, when Jer snagged my hat and locked it into a newspaper box. (That's twice now, for those scoring at home).

Best attempt to foil a theft...
Sean, at the beer store.

Oddest/funniest compliment...
Steve, who said I looked "like a fuckin pimp," last night when I met him at the restaurant. Like I said, I hadn't seen him in a long time and I'm a little different now.

No comments: