Sunday, February 26, 2006

:: Bad haircuts, 4x4's, and fights ::

"There's nothing like a four-way man kiss." - Lambie (actually from last weekend).

"If it had been about a llama and a tranvestite It'd be a different story." - Buchs, after saying he wouldn't watch Brokeback Mountain.

"Curry's the new ketchup." - Jer

"All they know how to fucking cook is mashed potatoes. They gave me potatoes with spaghetti for fuck's sake." - Brad

"When I push the button, they come running. They're like my bitches." - Brad, on the nurses.

"You and I are gonna have words tomorrow." - Kels, to her beer.

"Don't you ever get ashamed by the things that you say?" - Sean, to Buchs.

It was, by most accounts, a quality weekend all-around. We actually had a good Friday for a change - usually they're boring because it's many people doing many different things. This time, though, we were all pretty much in the same place, except for Buchs, who just didn't show up and told us he went to a Clan Rally. Really, he went downtown to hit on coug's with his work buddies.

He insists that he had a 100% success rate, but with his new haircut, I really find that hard to believe. Just a word of advice: Nobody, and I mean nobody, can pull off the sidewalk.

Not Shawn Desman. Definitely not Kyle Bucholtz.

But I digress...

With our longtime watering hole closing its doors forever as of Tuesday, we took the opportunity to have one last blowout there Friday night. We drank for basically free, since the bartender, Brian, is a buddy of ours and no longer cares about his job. I ate dinner, drank about 8 double rye-and-sevens, two martinis, and we also had about 4 or 5 rounds of shots.

I paid $16 bucks.

Also, we took some souvenirs - but Brian said we could.

I now have a beer pitcher, martini glass, a high-ball glass, and a candle-holder thing. Panda has a freakin' bar stool, somebody else has a number of glasses and a chair, and Jeremy just ripped some Coor's light paraphernalia off the wall.

Yep, we all got our money's worth, although it is fairly sad to no longer have a home-base bar. Nobody to get us drinks before we even order them, no more preferred seating and 'preferred customer discounts."

"I think I actually might cry. This is sad." - Amanda, moments before we left.

We then proceeded to go back to Sean and Rachel's, where we got just plastered - or I did anyway. I hadn't really got drunk in awhile and I felt like I needed to get just fucked..so I did. And so did Ian, and Brett. And Jer.

The four of us, especially, were a show. Or so I was told - I don't really remember. I don't even remember how I got home. Apparently Kels gave me a ride.

It was a doozie of a night.

Saturday was similar, but a little more low-key. Me and Ian went and checked out a townhouse (it sucked), went to visit B-Rad, and then went for chicken wings. Then it was back to my house where everyone just sat around, had some drinks - the usual.

And it ended in a very familar way - with me, Chris and Jenna cleaning up the bottles, Buch's fast asleep/passed out in his truck out front, and Jeremy and Lambie beating up guys in the Mcdonald's parking lot.

Okay, maybe not everything was the usual.

Weekend Awards

Worst idea...
Bucholtz, for his duct-tape assisted haircut.

Best fight scene...
Jeremy and Lambo.

Best disappearing act...
Lambie, who we found sleeping under my stairs on the floor.

Best impulse purchase..
Kelsey, for buying Tank.

The weekly drunken argument award...
Sean and Rachel, of course.

No comments: