Thursday, July 28, 2005

"I think I'm becoming an alcoholic. It's OK though - it's a good way to meet people, and I won't mind going to meetings." - Melissa

Well, it's almost the long weekend. I'm not even sure what the Monday holiday is to be honest (I heard B.C. Day, does that sound right?) but alls I know is no work for three days so that's all I really need to hear.

It's gonna be a rad weekend. Me, Chris, Jenna, Sean and Rach are going tubing/rafting near Princeton. I believe the river is the Similkameen..should be fun. Me and Chris went two years ago with Sean, his fam, and his stepmom Sandy' work associates. It's basically a 3-day gongshow where you get sunburned.

In '03 when we went, the last night we decided we weren't leaving the river/beach until all the remaining beer was drank. I don't remember how many were left, but it was A LOT. I passed out (while standing up) in a prickle bush, where I pretty much stayed for about a half hour before somebody (probably chris or sean) picked me up. I also puked a few times on the bushes, if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty pumped about going. It'll be nice to get away for a few days and just chill.

Pretty much everyone is going their separate ways this weekend. Jer's going to catch up with his family at Okanagan Lake, Brad and Ian are going to Oliver, and Buch's is working non-stop. I don't know what everyone else is doing, I don't really talk to people during the week much these days.

It'll be kinda different to be in a smaller group probably, but it'll be nice.

Speaking of holidays, from Aug. 22 - Sept. 5 I had 2 weeks off work. A nice solid two weeks. And now its' just getting better and better.

I've worked 8 hours of OT the last week, so I get a day off down the road. I decided to make that day Aug. 19 (friday) adding to my holidays. Then I discovered that Sept. 5 isn't actually my first day back because it's Labour Day. So tack another day onto the holidays. Now for the best part:

My work discovered that somehow they owe me two holiday days from '04 (when I didnt even really get vacation yet). So I took one random day next week, and added one final day onto my two weeks, thus giving me from Aug. 19 to Sept.7 off work.

19 fucking days. (With Pay).

Pretty god damn sweet. I've got a few minor plans in the works for the time off. Pearl Jam concert is Sept. 2. Also I'm going to Seattlefor a few days at the end of August to see a pair of Mariner/Yankee games, which is gonna be awesome.

And knowing me, I'll get bored of sitting on my ass and I'll probably take off for somewhere at some point, so if you live reasonable far away from me, don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep.

Mike, I'm looking in your direction.

No comments: