Friday, July 01, 2005

:: Canada Day ::

I don't really have a whole helluva lot to post about today. Being that it's Canada Day I'm sure we'll go out tonight and do something. The last couple years we ended up at the fireworks/Canada Day party at the Langley Airport, but to be honest, it's pretty lame.

It is, however, something to do. Last year, after taking 2 hours to find a parking spot, we watched the 3-minute fireworks, bought some mini-donuts from the little fairgrounds, and played hackey-sack til security told us we had to go home.

Word on the street is that some people wanna go to Cloverdale's Canada Day thing, but I don't feel like drivin' out there just to see a free Colin James show. I'm sure Colin James is a fine Canadian entertainer, but I can't name one of his songs so he's not high on my priority list.

Last night was pretty good, even though we lost our ball game 13-11 and I made 3 errors at first base in 4 stellar innings of work. Afterwards we went to Gorski's and drank. Still on my no-beer kick (and now deathly afraid of gin and its consequences) I decided to drank the ol' standby - rye and coke.

And I realized that I don't like it. Not one bit. I used to love rye, but now I honestly can't stand the stuff.

So now I have half a 26 of rye and half a 26 of gin that I doubt I'll be drinking in the near future. Maybe I'll feed 'em to a dog or a hobo, or 12-year-old kid...but more likely I'll get drunk, run out of booze and go to those bottles as a backup plan at 3 a.m...yep, that's pretty likely to happen.

I am happy that this weekend shows signs of being more fun and less stressful than last weekend. It has been a draining week though - up, then down, then really down, then very up.

Maybe that's why getting effin' plastered last night and just chillin' and playing drunk Guess Who with Chris, Sean and Brad was so much fun. (me and Brad still have to play the finals)

On another topic, Kelsey isn't here this weekend, instead she's off having a funtastic time at home in Enderby. While I know she's having a freaking good time (and a very drunk time too), the thing about Kelsey is she HATES missing out on stuff, like whatever we're doing down here. She just hates it.

Now, I bring this up only because she said before she left 'You better call me and tell me what's goin' on while i'm gone."

Well, it's awfully hard to do such a thing if you don't return the damn messages! (And I don't wanna hear nothing about no cell phone service either.)

I will however, accept the following as reasonable excuses:

If you were...

a) Too drunk to dial a phone.
b) Too drunk to even stay conscious.
c) So drunk you fell in the river or other body of water.
d) Attacked by a pack of rapid skunks or wolverines.

Those are the only options.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm off to the driving range to embarrass myself.

No comments: