Saturday, July 23, 2005

:: Finally, a post ::

"Yeah, she's a crazy bitch." - Jer, in Merritt (I think he was talking about Katie, but I can't remember now.)

Kelsey: Eww, look at all those bugs on you.
Chris: Those aren't bugs, they're my little friends!

Me: That's awesome!
Brad: It's like waking up to waffles!

Random chick at Roosters (who had previously told us she had a kid): Do you have a condom?
Chris: No, I don't use 'em.
Chick: You should always use one!
Chris: You're the one with the kid, I don't think you should be lecturing me on using a condom.

Some kid named Jay: I'm from Canoe.
Buchs: I'm pretty sure that's not even a place.

Sean: What are you talking about?
Derrick: I don't know but if you don't like it you can get the fuck out.

"I'm gonna shave my entire body, roll around in the snow then go kill some Elves." - Bucholtz

I know, I've been remiss with the posts lately, for a number of reasons. Firstly, when we got back from Merritt I was tired and kinda grumpy about some shit, and didn't feel like posting. Don't get me wrong, Merritt was lotsa fun, but it certainly had it's moments of ridiculousness as well, which is fairly common. Too much booze for too long a time, I guess.

Regardless, it was fun. Four straight days of drinking, the beer bong in fine form (Good thing I made that damn thing the day before we left).

We saw boobs, Tim McGraw, and some crazy fuck shotgun 20 beers in 27 minutes (while puking about 8 times or so, maybe more). I've got some pictures, which I'll upload to the pics page sometime soon. I recommend looking at the pics of Gorski, passed out in the pathway - what a fucking gongshow.

The only thing that kinda sucked was the weather - it was overcast and chilly, and rainy at times even - so we could only chill out in the river on Friday, which is where many of the aforementioned boobs were seen. We did our fair amount of wandering around the fairgrounds too, with Chris eating just about every 5 minutes. Foot long hot dogs. Corn Dogs. Kettle Corn. Hamburgers. Beer. Pepsi. What a pig.

Beer pong was also a big highlight - many, many games were played. Me and Jen got slaughtered once badly, and Chris and Jer lost their championship beer bong belts (even if they were too drunk to remember it happening).

The few shitty parts of the weekend worth mentioning though, were these: Some of the concerts (Chely Wright) just sucked knobs. Too much yackity-yack yack between songs you stupid ass - if you aren't really famous yet, you might want to try and endear yourself to new fans by not sucking. Now, I'm not entertainer, but it just seems like good business sense: If you want to get bigger and better, don't suck.

Also, the first few Tim McGraw songs were impossible to hear due to shitty as hell sound quality. It actually had 160,000 people booing. If they hadn't have fixed it, I don't doubt that a riot would've broken out, with angry mobs of cowboy-hatted drunks tearing shit apart.

Since we got back from Merritt, it was a pretty lowkey week, although this weekend has been Rachel's birthday and slo-pitch playoffs. Friday we went to Roosters and got blitzed, although me and Jer only had a few each because neither of us really felt like drinkin'. On the way home, with Tara, was the funniest part.

Tara, you see, has no tail lights on her Civic. No turn signal lights either. No lights of any kind. So we got pulled over on Lougheed Highway, in Maple Ridge. Tara plays dumb ("Really? You mean all the lights are out? Is that just a fuse problem, I don't really know.") The cop made her breath on his face, and when he was sure she hadn't been drinking ("Wanna give me the breathlyzer just for fun?") he let us go.

Then in Walnut Grove we got pulled over again, but before the woman cop could even get up to the car, Tara yelled that we'd already got pulled over once, and were on our way home, so she too, let us go. All while me and Jeremy were laughing our damn asses off. Just hilarious.

Then, the baseball playoffs. We got fucking slaughtered on Thursdy (14-1 or something) then we had 2 games today. The first, at 12, was awesome. We were playing a bad team, and we started off the first with five runs - thanks to a three-run dinger by me, complete with an apparently terrible-looking slide and me getting an errant throw beaned off the side of my head. Scraped up my leg a little, but it was worth it - first softball home run for me ever (I'm not much of a hitter). I finished the game 3-for-3 with a home run and 4 RBI. Not a bad day at the dish.

We ended up winning the game 7-6, after my dad made the final out in left field - catching a pop fly I thought for sure was gonna drop in for a hit (the bases were loaded and it would've lost us the game).

We lost the second game fairly badly, but by then we'd been in the sun all day and everyone was pretty beat up. Chris played half the game and could barely move after hurting his leg earlier, and Jenna had so many blisters on her feet she had to play second base instead of the outfield because she couldn't move around much. Also, making defensive matters worse, I booted another easy ground ball, this time it bounced off my toe and into right field.

But I still hit a home run.

I rule.

No comments: