Monday, January 17, 2005

So Mike wants a blog to read whilst he slacks at work.

Yep, I've been called out by a guy who's very own blog was AWOL for the final 8 months of 2004. I'll leave you to find the irony on your own.

Anyhoo, here's what's been goin' on.

Since Jan. 1 I decided to slowly get into shape. Not great shape, mind you, but better shape than I'm currently in. Right now my 'shape' is pretty round. So since the start of the year I cut out all fast food, and for the most part, pop. It's only been a few weeks but I think it actaully might be working. It's not exactly working like it did 3 years ago when I went to the gym 5-days a week, but it's working nonetheless, and I feel fairly good about that.

What's important though, is that I not call this a "New Year's Resolution." The reason that's important is because a) I think New Year's resolutions are stupid, and b) I've never kept a New Year's resolution in my whole life.

So this isn't some fly-by-night, grand-plan resolution. It's just a thing that I'm doing. If it works, then great. If not, well then fuck it. It's not like I'll be breaking my New Year's resolution right?

****
Also, in the past month or so me and the guys have been playing football every Sunday. It's been awesome so far, and the turnout has been pretty good. We usually get 6-8 guys out, and the best game was in the snow two weekends ago. Oddly enough, this past Sunday we had 12 people - and it was shitty weather. The constant rain had turned the snow to ankle-deep slush, and it was an ugly game, indeed. Guys sliding in puddles, slipping on torn-up grass. It was stilll fun though, especially since I caught a TD pass, which doesn't happen that much, since my motto on offence isn't "Go Deep" but rather "I'll be the short option."

Running is for suckers anyway.

****
Went to Roosters last Saturday for Jen's birthday. The night got off to a rough start when it started snowing and it took me well over an hour just to get to Maple Ridge, but things got better quick, thanks in large part to alcohol. Ahh, sweet beer.

At the end of the night though, the stupidest thing happened. Well, two stupid things happened. The first being that Dave, who wasn't even drunk, got sick from mixing cold medicine and beer, and ended up puking over a fence. The second thing was that every food joint in town seemed to be out of food. I wasn't eating fast food (see above) but all I wanted was a bagel from Tim Hortons. Another guy wanted a chocolate chip muffin.

"I'm sorry, we're out of bagels and muffins."

Listen up Tim Hortons. Bagels and muffins are two of the biggest things you serve! How the hell are you out of those? That's like McDonalds being out of hamburgers. Ridiculous right?

Well, McDonalds was indeed out of burgers. How the fuck does that happen? I mean, I know it was 2 o'clock in the morning, but if you're gonna be open 24-hours, don't you think it'd be wise to be able to actually sell something during all those hours? Who the hell is going to go to McDonalds in the middle of the night just for a glass of ice water and a packet of McChicken sauce?

Besides us, of course.

No comments: