Tuesday, November 18, 2003

:: If you blog it, they will come ::

I just finished watching Field of Dreams which I hadn't seen in years. Having been turned onto W.P Kinsella's books recently (the movie is based on Kinsella's novel Shoeless Joe) I loved it even more than before. It's officially one of my all-time favourite movies. Being a little bit older and wiser since the last time I watched this movie, I learned a few things from watching it. For starters, if you want something, you have to work for it, no matter how crazy or ridiculous people think you are. And secondly, I learned that if any ghost-like voices tell you do something, or build something, or go someplace, just do it and don't complain or ask why.

Strange voices aside, I'd also like to address another fact: Nobody sends me email anymore. And I mean real emails here, not just forwards. How does this tie into the things I've learned from watching Field of Dreams, you might ask? Well, it has to do with my first point: I want people to send me emails so, by blogging about it, I'm doing something to get what I want-- emails. I may be reaching here, but gimme a break, I needed a segway between the movie and my email situation.

The situation is this: I send out emails to people all the time - I send Mike quirky or funny things that I come across during the day, I send Melissa notes just to say hi because I'm bored at work, I send all sorts of emails to everyone. And does anyone ever email me back? No. Rarely, if ever. The only people who email me on a consistent basis are my parents. And I don't want to hear any b.s about how we all talk on msn instead - I'm focusing on emails here and emails only. Now I've posted about it, I guess there's nothing left to do except wait for Shoeless Joe Jackson to appear out of the cornfield. Or in my case, wait for emails to arrive.

No comments: