Friday, November 14, 2003

:: Enough is Enough ::

Okay, things are getting a little bit, I don't know, out of control, I guess you could say, for lack of a better word. And by out of control, I'm referring to the bashing/mocking/making fun of each other we've all been doing lately. Between message boards on two or three different sports pools, to everyone's blogs, to the comment section on my blog, it's clear that there are simply too many available mediums for people, myself included, to get their shots in.

Now, I'm not necessarily saying it's bad - I think it's entertaining, fun, and hilarious. I find myself constantly checking around to see who's mouthed off lately. But my point being, it's a little bit much - for me anyways. It seems like I rarely have normal conversations anymore - If I'm not bashing someone on a blog or message board, I'm defending myself or someone else, or I'm encouraging someone to write something. And the rare time that I'm not doing any of those things, I'm usually thinking about doing it.

As hilarious as it all is, I don't have the time or energy to constantly be thinking up witty banter for the football message board, or some creative comeback to something Mike has said about me*. It's not that I don't appreciate a wicked burn, because I do, and God knows Mike has thrown his fair share my way, but I'm just not doing it anymore. Well, not as much anyways. If I'm kicking mike's ass at basketball or hockey one week, you'd better believe I'm going to let him know. But other than that, I'd just rather spend my time having normal conversations with people, rather than trying to mock them. **


* Note: Mike, I did write a kick ass poem for Melissa. Much, much better than yours, just ask her. But I didn't post it because I didn't think it needed to be commented on by Al and the rest of the peanut gallery.

**Note: I may grow tired of this 'no mocking people' idea, so I reserve the right to take back everything I said and be as much of an ass as I previously was.

No comments: