Tuesday, August 26, 2003

This week is going to be a bittersweet one for me. First of all, everyone is back in Kamloops now and getting settled in, except for Mike, who was already settled in from having lived there for the last 20 years. And now that everyone is back in one place I'm going up there to hang out for the weekend, which rocks. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Also I did some more freelance work this week and found out that BC Hockey Now will soon owe me $340 bucks, which is very good.

However, this week is also sort of a downer because Ian leaves again for UNBC on Friday morning. Last year it didn't suck quite as much because I was leaving too, but now that I'm not I'm kinda bummed that I won't see him again until Christmas. I don't totally know what I'll do to keep busy once he leaves, because Ian is the one friend of mine in Langley who I can consistently call and end up do nothing with but still having a decent time. Our conversations typicallly go like this:

Ian: What's up?
Me: absolutely fuckin' nothing.
Ian: same here.
Me: wanna come over?
Ian: what are we gonna do?
Me: probably nothing.
Ian: Okay.


Inevitably, this "doing nothing" usually leads to drinking, which we've been doing a lot of the last few weeks. It's quite ridiculous actually, and this week will be no different. Which is the one good thing about Ian leaving - it gives us a reason to drink excessively and party all week long. Not that we ever needed an excuse before.

So it'll be week of up-and-downs. But mostly ups, because it'll be a fun few days until Ian leaves, and then after that, a fun few days in the 'loops. It'll just be the short time in between that will kind of suck, but that's okay, to be honest I'm getting sick of that punk Ian anyways. He's kind of a dick.

Adios Forbesy, have a good time in PG.

No comments: