Friday, August 22, 2003

I'm having one of those days.

One of those days where I'm stressed and angry and all I feel like doing is getting into my car and driving far far away to somewhere like Mexico or California or somewhere. Far away from classified ads, job posting websites, worrying parents and instructions cleverly disquising themselves as advice. I just can't take the constant pressure and the conversations I've already had a million times before. It's just constantly hanging over me and any attempt to get it to go away is quickly thwarted.

The only problem with driving far far away is that gas has reached the staggering price of 88.9. Gas costs money, and in order to have money I need a job. But if I had a job I'd have no reason to drive angrily to Mexico. It's a vicious circle. It just keeps going and going without stopping, which is what makes it vicious. And a circle.

Since driving away to parts unknown isn't really a viable option, here is my contigency plan. I call it "Plan B". Clever eh?

In order to keep my fucking sanity I will no longer talk about jobs or any employment topic with anyone. Well, maybe some people. But my mind needs a break from it. People (who know who you are), don't even send me jobs anymore unless it is absolutely the best job possible. (also, mike, this message isnt for you. you can keep sending me whatever weird and/or relevent jobs you'd like)

Thank you for listening to my meandering and angry rant. That is all.

No comments: