Sunday, August 10, 2003

:: That Time Again ::

I got the first taste of one of my favourite times of year last night. It was kind of cold and damp out, the kind of weather you can expect in October, right before it really starts getting wintery. It was sort of foggy out, and you could smell the rain on the grass. It reminded me of the Fall, and I don't know why I like that feeling so much, but I do. It also reminded me that it was the end of summer, which for years meant time to go back to school.

But not this year.

My mind is mistakenly in the back to school mode. The other day I found myself thinking "Alright, soon everyone will be back in Kamloops." Then I realized that it really makes no difference for me because I won't be. I'm not complaining, I like being here and it'll be even better once I get a job (hopefully Sept. 1st working for the city) But it's a very unusual feeling not to have to go back to school. And for the first time ever I realized I might actually might miss school.*shudder*
And I've been so busy this summer just hanging out with Chris, Ian, Jeremy and Sean that I haven't had time to realize how much I missed all the j-school posse. I guess I'll have to make a few trips to the 'loops. At least I'll get to see everyone all at once.

As much fun as I've had these last 4 months, I've had just about enough of my unemployed summer. Bring on the Fall- full of employment, bad weather, and lots of friends only three hours away.

No comments: