Friday, August 08, 2003

Marcus: Hey, those girls are pretty hot.
Me: They're a little bit young dude.
Marcus: Yeah but I'm American, with the exchange rate it all works out.

I've been spending the majority of this week hanging out with my good buddy Marcus, who flew in from Ohio for a hockey camp. It's been pretty cool having him around since I don't get to see him very often, although he was here in May. Usually it's about once a year, and now that he's relocated from California to Ohio to play hockey, he's even farther away. it's been a fun but somewhat low key week. Since it's now officially hockey season for him, he doesn't drink or do a lot of partying so we watched a lot of good movies this week instead. On Tuesday we saw American Wedding, which was funny, as expected. Although I didn't like it as much as the first two I still thought it was really good. I had a few problems with it, but I won't speak of them now, as I know most of this blog's regular readers haven't seen the movie yet.

Then yesterday we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean, WHICH WAS WICKED!!! I had heard it was good, but it was even better than I thought it would be. I don't know, maybe I just like pirates. Tonight, having significantly less cash than the previous days, we just sat around the house and watched Gangs of New York on DVD. I'd seen it once before and it just gets better every time.

Also, on an unrelated topic, I still get to write for BC Hockey Now despite my move from Kamloops back to the Lower Mainland. While the Blazer's beat will be taken over by fellow UCC'er Matt Silver, it looks like I'll be on the BCHL scene this year, at least a little bit. Right now I'm working on season previews for 4 teams, and some of my articles, notes and quotes will probably by in the 2003/04 BCHL Guidebook as well, which I'm excited about.

No comments: