Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Who's idea was it to let me drink...ever?!" - Amanda

Chris: His hands are huge. His pinky is like the size of my dick.
Someone: That's unfortunate for you, then.
Chris: No, it's unfortunate for Jenna actually.

"I'm completely douche free." - Kels

"Ahh...that's good. It's like pissing in the mouth of God." - Buchs, peeing outside

"I've never swallowed a quarter but once I stuck a marble in my ass." - Lambie

And most importantly, this one, from Thursday, when out with some work people for drinks...
"There's nothing sexy about a guy who lives at home with his parents." - Brenda

No, no there isn't.

However, contrary to the post preceeding this one, that is no longer a problem for me, as I have bought a townhouse. But just like the first attempt (which I lost) , it wasn't exactly a walk in the park.

To recap: I had an offer on a condo on Thursday night, but lost in competition with two other bids. It was a stressful, stressful night that did not end until after 11:30 p.m. I was pretty discouraged, and worn out, and was planning on just taking the house-hunt down a notch because it was taking a lot out of me - time-wise, and stress-wise.

Then I found one more place and decided to buck up and look at it Friday afternoon. I put an offer on it later that night, and then waited. The offer was supposed to close that night, then was switched to noon Saturday, then five. The selling realtor wanted to stall in order for more bids to come in. As of 4:25 mine was the only one.

Joke's on her, I thought.

I thought wrong. A second offer came in right before the deadline, which meant I had to alter my offer from $4,000 below the list price, to almost $10,000 over the list price.

Yes, over. A $14,000 swing just because of competition. Guess that realtor knew what she was doing after all.

I don't however, feel like I got taken to the cleaners. After comparing it to other just-sold places in the same complex, this one was a little under-priced to begin with, and I still save 11G's compared to the one I almost had Thursday.

Plus I'm just happy I won. Like I told my realtor Dan, while signing the amped-up offer. I wasn't nervous, I was just getting competitive.

I wasn't gonna lose twice in one week. When I want to lose that much, I go play softball.

This place is also a townhouse, not a condo. The condo was in an old-folks area. This place is certainly not. During my two trips there, I saw four 20-something people, all carrying beer into their places. I saw one guy with orange hair and a sweet dog. And I saw two pretty hot chicks.

Score one for me.

Also its about three blocks away from Icehouse.

Sorry there's no pictures of the place to show ya, and I most likely won't move in until the summer, but maybe I'll be able to get some pics at some point before then, we'll see.

So that was the big event of the weekend.

In other news, I got pretty wrecked on Friday night. I slept for a wee bit, then went out for dinner with Chris, Jenna, Buchs, Kelsey and Amanda. After that, we ended up at Sean and Rachel's place, as we often do.

And, let me tell you, I got done. Bucholtz bought me a 26 of Crown because he owed me booze from a previous time, and I downed a little over half the bottle - normally it'd take me more to get that wrecked but this time it didn't. After a few stressful days, it was pretty fun. Amanda, for one, seemed to be having the most fun. Fuck is she ever molding into one fine alcoholic.

Nice work.

Saturday should've been a writeoff, because when Dan the realtor called me at 9 a.m. to tell me that the deadline had moved to 5, I was nursing one helluva hangover, plus I was just tired. I messed around on the computer for a few minutes, then went back to sleep until noon.

Then we hit the ball diamond for a little slo-pitch, and then I did the townhouse buying thing, which took me until dinner time. After that I ate some chinese food, watched the game at Derrick's place, came home and fell asleep by midnight.

All in all, a pretty stellar weekend (haha...stellar. good word eh Kels?). And like I told Kels, now that I have a house my awesome-ness level is bumped up at least 40 %.

AT LEAST.

Now that I have the townhouse more or less secured, it's just another thing I can check off my to-do list for 2006, along with pierce my ear and continue losing some pounds.

Now I'm pretty sure the chicks will be falling all over me in the next little while, or so I'd assume.

All I need now is a cowboy hat and a cut on my face and it'd basically be a licence to nail bitches.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. (Or maybe I just came up with that cuz I've been hanging out too much with Buchs these days)

No comments: