Thursday, March 16, 2006

:: Random Points ::

Seems like the only time I post anything substantial these days is on Sundays after the weekend is over and the usual festivities have calmed down a bit. I figured I'd hit up the ol' blog with some bits and pieces of random stuff, cuz I haven't done that in awhile. Besides this gives you guys some more stuff to read, and I know how much you love me. Some of ya anyways.


Random note #1
We made our Final Four picks this week...most are pretty similar. Here's our picks. Keep in mind we don't know much about college hoops, we either pick the frontrunners, or the guys we see on TV, or we just pick at absolute random.

Our picks (the ones I've heard so far):

Me: UConn (over Duke)
Chris: Villanova (over Duke)
B-Rad: Duke (over Villanova)
Scotty: UConn

All the picks look fairly similar, although just to be different I was tempted to go Ohio State over UCLA, but that's a pretty big stretch. Anyways, on to other things people might care about...

Random note #2
Got my cell phone bill in the mail, and it was a little higher than usual for some reason, yet the text messages were WAY down. Only sent/received 106 last month, which is down from oh, I'd say 1,100 in previous months.

Don't really know why. Oh wait, yes I do.

Random note #3
The following two things have been annoying me the last two weeks: Work, and condo/townhouse hunting.

Rest assured, there are other things and people annoying me too, but we'll focus on those two right now. For starters, I have very little to write about at work - it's spring break, so there's no school sports. High School B-ball just ended. The junior hockey team isn't in playoffs, so nothing to write about there. Just very frustrating...

This week I was assigned to write a feature story on scrabble for christ's sake. Yes, scrabble. It didn't actually suck that much, and it turned out OK, but c'mon now. Board games? Perhaps a new low..and that's saying something cuz God knows I've had my fair share of lows.

On the plus side, my boss called me today on my way home to tell me another story I wrote was possibly the best thing he's ever seen from me, which was nice. Real nice, in fact, since he's not exactly known for dishing compliments.

On the house-buying front, I don't even wanna start getting into it. Here's the jist - everytime I find a place I like, it's either already sold, or is sold quick. And by quick I mean either 30 minutes, two hours, or less than a day.

Sometimes it takes me that long to get my shoes on.

Random note #4
Only two comments on the last post? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Random note #5
I've decided that the most frustrating feeling in the world is knowing that, no matter how much you try, you'll never end up with what you want. Whether it's looking for a place to live, or something work related, or something else, that's how it goes. And I don't like it.

Random note #6
Most people won't care, so just stop reading now, but here's my fantasy baseball team, in the league me and some guys from j-school do. In four years I've never done better than about fifth or sixth, so I went with a new strategy this year - pitching over hitting..

C - Michael Barrett
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Robinson Cano/Ronny Belliard
3B - A-Rod
SS - Jhonny Peralta
LF - Scott Podsednik
CF - Aaron Rowand/Rocco Baldelli
RF - Jeff Francoeur
DH - Brad Wilkerson

P - Jake Peavy
P - Andy Pettite
P - A.J. Burnett
P - John Garland
P - Josh Towers
P - Jae Seo

Closer - Huston Street
Closer - Derrick Turnbow
Closer - Chris Reitsma

I like my team, even though it lacks power. As is the case with most teams I pick (in any sport), my squad is high on potential.

I'm always big on picking the sleepers - the guys who maybe don't jump right out at you, but prove to be more than worth it when all is said and done. They can surprise you - some guys, all they need is a chance.

No comments: