Saturday, March 18, 2006

Weekend, in progress...

Buchs: Why's it called a blog anyway?
Me: It's short for web log.
Buchs: That's stupid. I'd have called it a wog, or weblo - that's way better.

"Why read when you can watch TV?" - Ian

"I'm gonna melt all my gold jewellry down and make an Oscar statue, but with my face on it, then I'll carry it around all the time. I'll call it a Boscar." - Bobby

"No matter how hard you try, you're never going to sound smart." - Sean to Buchs

"I'm not passed out I'm having a moment of reflection." - Buchs, lying on the bed in Sean's spare room.

"He brings a touch of class to an otherwise classless event." - Buchs, about Lambie wearing dress pants, collared shirt and sweater to Jer's birthday shaker on Saturday night.

Happy Birthday Jer!

Yes, barely a week after Kels turned 21, Jer turned 22, and I'm happy to report I was present for both occasions, as opposed to last year where I was present for none.

Friday was a strange one. For starters, I got a text message in the morning from Kels saying "Woohoo Kamloops already!" which was pretty surprising. I didn't know she was headed home for the weekend. Then again, in the loop I am not.

Work went as per usual, and I was home in time to watch the Canucks game, which me, Chris, Sean and Rach watched at S&R's place.

Then weird part #2 - we ended up at an unfamiliar Friday locale.

After that, starving, we tried to find a place to eat - White Spot (30 minute wait), Jimy's (too packed), Fort Pub (every table was reserved. EVERY table...fuckers). Eventually we couldn't wait anymore and settled, unfortunately, on Ricky's where it was empty because most of Ricky's clientele eat dinner at 4 p.m., and were probably in bed by the time we rolled in at 7:30ish.

The service, and food, to say the least, was shitty. We go to Ricky's for Hangover Breakfast quite often, and it's decent, minus the absolutely shitty service. Well dinner ain't no better.

All 10 or 12 of us basically ate separately, as they brought one meal at a time, with about 10-15 minute intervals. I got my food last, and some people were done by then. To top it all of, the food was marginal at best, and Chris and I paid $8 for six chicken wings. Yes, six.

The rest of the night played out back at Sean and Rachel's, complete with the usual hijinks.

**EDIT: After a not-so-subtle suggestion, I should also mention the weekend was cool because Katie was there, from PG, for the weekend. It was a Jeremy birthday-surprise (And a surprise that shockingly wasn't ruined beforehand). She suggests she's the world's greatest girlfriend, but I guess we'll have to let Jer decide that. Nice to see you again, regardless.

Saturday we BBQed some dogs and drank some beers at the Scramstad abode, with the highlights being our complete assualt of the JRFM phone lines. We called for everything - millions of requests, contest, just to chat...

In the end, Bucholtz was the big winner, getting on air twice - once because he won a Chicken Little DVD and dinner for four at Burger King, and another time to request a song for Jer's birthday.

By the end of the night, the phone line request guy knew us well, and when Jer called in the last time and told him his name, the JRFM guy said "Jeremy? Is it your 22nd birthday?"

Awesome.

No comments: