Thursday, March 23, 2006

:: Home-less ::

I put an offer on a place tonight, and all seemed to be going according to plan.

I offered. They'd counter offer. I'd offer again. I'd get it.

That's how it was supposed to go. Then two other fucking offers came in at the last minute, and suddenly we had a competition on our hands. I figured nobody else would go full-price, let alone over it, because the general consensus was that it was over-priced to begin with.

So, in a very "un-Nick" like move, I went all in. Full asking price + $1,000, just to get over the hump.

I waited. And waited. At 11:00 p.m. I was still in the running.

Official time of death 11:23 p.m.

I'm fairly confident the money was even between me and whoever I lost to - otherwise things would've been settled far sooner than 11:23...and I was super flexible with possession date too - I didn't care at all when it was, either next week or August for Christ's sake.

But whatever. Apparently it wasn't enough to get the job done.

You give absolutely every you can possible give - and then some. And it still ain't enough to get you what you want.

Story of my life.

Fuck this noise, I'm going bed.

No comments: