Tuesday, June 01, 2004

:: When I saw how big my paycheque was I pitched a tent ::

Okay, I lied. Before you think I'm some perverted freak who gets turned on by money (see also Smith, Anna Nicole), I didn't actually pitch a tent when I got paid yesterday.

I did, however, buy one.

I decided that, aside from paying some of my Visa bill I'd prepare for the many weekend camping/drinking trips that will/better happen this summer. While I'm not exactly one to get all excited about a tent, it is pretty cool for one reason: There is no setup to it. All you do is spread it out, pull up on this top piece and the whole thing pops open and its finished. Takes 4 seconds. No fucking around with tent poles and all that garbage. Why is this important? Well, for starters, I'm incredibly lazy and hate setting up tents. Reason #2: By cutting down on camping setup time, I've now increased the camping drinking time by a good 10-15 minutes at least. And when it comes to drinking an entire weekend away, there's really no time to waste.

I was going to blow some of my money on a bunch of dvds - Family Guy seasons 1-3, Wayne's World 2, Dumb and Dumber, you know, the classics - but decided a tent was a better plan. DVD's can wait til next payday, or til tomorrow if I'm feeling rich.

I'm trying to save a lot of the money I'm making now, but there's so many things I want to buy it'll take some willpower because, like Mike, I really want to get my hands on a giant inflatable octopus or a cactus shaped pinata.

How much do those go for anyway?

No comments: